60 years of the 1461. This year we mark six decades of our Original 3-eye shoe with a series of one-off reworks. Handcrafted in our original Wollaston factory, this commemorative edition is loaded with DM’s DNA: grooved sides, yellow welt stitching and a stacked-up Bex sole. The shoes are built from Quilon, a vintage-inspired premium leather used to recreate Original Docs designs, and have a standout toe cap overlay in the same material.
- Second off the DM’s production line, the 1461 is a 3-eye shoe championed for its versatility
- Made in England at our original Wollaston factory
- Quilon leather is crafted using a traditional method and features contrast base color for a two-tone finish. Clean with a damp cloth and care with Dr. Martens Shoe Polish
- Our Goodyear-welted lines are heat-sealed at 700°C and reinforced with our signature welt stitch
- Platform height: 1 in; Heel height: 1 3/8 in
A retro version of our signature smooth leather with subtle grained effect and contrast base color.
Clean away dirt using a damp cloth and allow to dry, then apply a neutral or color appropriate wax shoe polish to restore shine as desired. We do not recommend use of any leather cleaners as they could damage the two-tone effect.
Dr. Martens run true to US size with a little wiggle room for breathability or thicker socks. UK size on shoe.